How do I Find My Lost AirPod and what should I do if I cannot find my lost AirPod? As you know, the Apple AirPod was designed to be small and sleek and also to enable its users to enjoy podcasts, music, and videos on the go.
Due to its small and sleek nature, it is very much possible to misplace the device. And finding it might be quite difficult. But there is a way you can find it easily without hassle and that is through the Find My Device app.
So, if you have misplaced your AirPod or you want to enable the feature just in case you misplace your device in the future, you can read through this write-up to discover how to go about it.
Meanwhile, you can easily and conveniently use the Find My to locate your Missing AirPods, and AirPods Max on the map or you can play a sound to locate it.
The Find My feature can be accessed via your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or the iCloud.com website. However, you can only use the Find My Feature, if you have turned on the feature on your AirPod.
In other words, you need to first enable the Find My Feature for your AirPod using your iPhone, Mac, or iPad to find it when it eventually goes missing.
Note that; the Find My feature is the only possible way to track your missing device be it your AirPod or any other Apple device. Otherwise, you might need to replace or change your missing AirPod.
How to Enable the Find My Feature for your AirPod on your iPhone
As stated above, to use the Find My feature, to track your AirPod, you must have enabled the feature using the Find My App on your iPhone or any other iOS device such as your Mac computer.
However, in this part of the article, we will be showing you steps on how to enable the feature for your AirPod on your iPhone Find My Device App. Below are the steps and guidelines to follow;
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone device.
- Click on your name and select the Find My.
- To activate the Find My feature for your AirPod and other iOS devices.
- Check to see if it says NO, if not.
- On the Find My iPhone Page, move the green button to ON and Send Last Location.
- If you wish to find your device even when they are offline, tap on activate Find My Network.
After successfully activating the Find My feature on your iPhone. You can pair your AirPod and it will automatically be added to the Find My Feature.
How to Find Your AirPods Using the Find My App on your iPhone
To use the Find My App on your iPhone to track your missing AirPod, you can follow the steps and guidelines below;
- Open the Find My App on your iPhone.
- Click on the Devices tab at the bottom.
- Now, choose your AirPod from the list.
- If you cannot find your AirPod, you can swipe up to see all your Apple Devices.
- Once you have found your AirPod from the device list.
- Check the Map to locate where your AirPods were last connected. You will be provided with the nearest street address under your AirPods Name.
- If your AirPods are nearby, you can click on PLAY SOUND. Click on Play Sound again and both of your AirPods will start beeping but the sound might not be as loud as you think.
But if your AirPods are far, you can tap on Directions. You will then be provided with turn-by-turn directions for walking, driving and more to locate your missing AirPods.
How to Track your Lost AirPods Via iCLoud.com/find
To Find your Lost AirPods via your web browser, you will be required to sign in to your Apple account using your Apple ID and Password to get started. You can follow the below steps and guidelines;
- Open your web browser and visit the official website of iCloub.com/Find.
- Then, log in to your Apple ID and Password to get started.
- Select Find iPhone.
- Now, select All Devices and tap on your AirPods
- You will see the last known location of your AirPods on the Map
- To find one AirPod at a time, you can click on PLAY SOUND
- You will need to click on Mute Left or Mute Right Button to find one AirPod
Following the above steps and guidelines, you will be able to find your lost AirPods with ease. However, if you cannot find the missing AirPod, you can check out the next outline.
What Should I Do if I Can’t Find My Missing AirPods?
If you’re unable to locate your AirPods because they are out of range, your last resort is to choose the “No Location Found” or “Offline” option. In this scenario, you won’t be able to trigger a sound to locate your AirPods.
However, you can still receive directions to the last known location where your AirPods were connected. Once you’re AirPods come back online, you will receive a notification on the iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or iPhone for which you’ve enabled the Find My feature for your AirPods.
If, despite following these steps, you’re still unable to locate your AirPods, you may want to consider purchasing a new pair from a reputable AirPods retailer, either online or in-store. Additionally, if you’ve lost your AirPods case, we recommend obtaining a replacement for it as well.