How can I find my lost or stolen iPhone? In recent times, a lot of people have worried about their lost iPhone and how they can locate it. Are you also at this table? Worry not. That is because you can now use Find My iPhone on iCloud.com (now known as Find My) to find the location of your iPad, iPhone, iPad touch, or any of your Apple devices.
However, to make use of Find My iPhone, the device must be online. The Find My app makes it easy and faster to keep track of any of your Apple devices. It has lots of features, like maps. The map will help you get a full picture of where the missing phone is. Furthermore, the iPhone Find My iPhone app is also a good one, and it is pre-installed on all Apple devices.
This means you do not need to download the app to use it. It also helps you find your friends and family’s lost iPhones. To locate your lost iPhone, all you need is your iCloud, either on the app or the web. Sign in with your Apple ID, and you are good to go. Do you want to locate your iPhone with iCloud but do not know how? Just follow this article to the end.
Features of iCloud Find My iPhone
The Find My Phone app has lots of features, both in the app and on the website on your PC. However, below are the features of Find My iPhone on iCloud.com Check them out:
- Easily locate devices
- Share location
- Easy set up
- App or website
Just as I have stated above, my iPhone has lots of features. However, the above is just a few of them. Make use of it to find your lost iPhone easily.
How Can I Locate a Lost iPhone With Find My iPhone App or iCloud.com?
Locating your device with Find My iPhone with iCloud is very easy and simple to do, and it does not require anything. The most interesting part is that it is also free. Below are the guidelines on how to find your Apple device with Find My iPhone on iCloud.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/find on your web browser.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password. Find My iPhone does not require a two-step verification process to access it. However, if you are asked to enter a code sent to a trusted device but you don’t have the device, click on Find My iPhone.
- At the top right corner of the homepage, click on All Devices, select the iPhone you want to locate, and wait for its location to appear on the map.
- Lastly, click on the iPhone you want to locate, and the location will appear instantly on the map.
With the above, you can successfully locate your iPhone with Find My iPhone on the web or in the app. Very easy and simple to do.
How to Turn on Find My on Your iPhone
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on your name.
- Then Find My iPhone will be displayed.
- Click on the button beside it to turn it on.
- To see your device while offline, click “Find My Network” to turn it on.
In conclusion, once you have set up Find My iPhone on your device, you can use it to locate it if it is stolen or lost. You can also install the Find My App from your App Store so that you can find other Apple devices once they get lost or stolen.
What Should I Do If I Find My App is Turned Off on My iPhone?
If you forgot to turn on the Find My app before your iPhone got lost or stolen, then you won’t be able to locate your device using Find My. But you can protect your data using the following steps:
- First of all, change your iPhone Apple ID password; it will prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or any other services.
- Then you can change the password of other internet accounts on your iPhone.
- You can also report your lost phone to any local law enforcement which might ask for your serial number and you will be able to provide it for an easy process
- Remove your stolen or lost iPhone from the list of trusted devices.
If your Find My app is turned off, there is no other Apple phone that can help you track or find your iPhone.